Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Memorial and Raising Awareness...



Our family will be attending the annual memorial service for patients of Doernbecher Children's Hospital on Saturday. We are able to take a few items and pictures to display. I've heard that the service is nice. I know a lot of people weren't able to attend Hadley's service because of the crazy weather so, if any of you would like to join us I'll post the information for you. Please keep our family and all those who are attending in your prayers as we grieve for our sweet children together.

Doernbecher Annual Memorial Service
Honoring and celebrating the lives of Doernbecher patients who died from March 1, 2008-March 1, 2009.

OHSU Auditorium (Old Library Building)
Saturday April 4th, 2009
2:00-3:00

Parking adjacent to the Old Library Building
refreshments will follow in the Great Hall.



April is going to be a difficult month. A lot of anniversaries. Stevie's diagnosis and death. Hadley's diagnosis and surgery. I suppose that it will just be hard for a while. I don't need an anniversary to remember what has happened...what my girl endured...how broken my heart is. She is everywhere and that is both comforting and heartbreaking at the same time.

May is Brain Tumor Awareness Month!!! You can order the gear you need (HADLEY is pictured in GROUP 1) here: http://www.cafepress.com/btwallofcourage . All the gear was made and the store is maintained by a fellow Brain Tumor Angel Mom. Please help us raise awareness!



I long to hold my girl, smell her hair, hear her laughter, experience her magic and just live this crazy life by her side again. It's weird the things I miss. It's been SO long since someone has called me "Hadley's mom". For years I was introduced and referred to as "Hadley's Mom". Her spirit was so big that she didn't belong to us. We belonged to her. It was obvious. The boys were HER brothers, Brandon HER dad. Everywhere we went people knew her and smiled and laughed with her. We were her entourage. I miss being "Hadley's mom". I guess I forgot that I actually do have a name. I like "Hadley's Mom" better.

Please be kind to each other. Find joy. Make magic. Find reasons to laugh and smile. Hope...always HOPE.

Angela

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are still Hadley's Mom... and will always be!

I attended the Baton Rouge Eye Bank Donor/Recipient Service 5 months after Mark died, it was difficult and comforting all at the same time. I still miss him ... he will always be a part of us.

The Coatney's said...

i still think you are hadley's mom. you always will be. this life is so short compared to what we have after. you will have so many more moments to be with had, to smell her hair, to hear her laughter. she's not gone. she's just biding her time waiting for you. hang in there ange. think of you often. almost everyday. my heart aches for your pain. i'm constantly praying for your heart to be healed. i'm sure hadley is doing the same. that's the incredible thing about our Savior. he understands us and knows our pain and can help us feel peace. we love you.

Anonymous said...

You will forever be Hadley's mom <3

Sue said...

Hey there Hadley's Mom your entry is so heart felt so right in your face. Don't ever think people don't remember you ARE Hadley's mom. It has been almost 4 years since my dad died (we had 1 month from diagnosis to death) and I have never stepped back into a church again. It's not that I don't believe but it gives me uncontrollable sorrow -- I just can't do it and I blamed myself for so long and now I have just given it up to the Lord. Do what you can, enjoy what you can, and cry as much as you need. The service will be sad, be prepared, but a good time to remember. You will always remember. You are the best Hadley's Mom.

Unknown said...

Hadley's Mom.
Yeah. That sounds right.
Hadley's Mom.