Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The death of the short bus joke.

As my sweet girl and I stood at the window this morning, waiting for her school bus, she said to me: "Mom, my school bus is VERY little." Now, Brandon and I are both huge fans of good 'ol short bus jokes. It started out as insensitive humor...and then after Hadley started riding the 'short bus' it developed into a coping mechanism (at least for me). Despite the simple fact that we all know parents of short bus riders and those who have ridden the short bus themselves are automatically entitled to unlimited and free use of any and all short bus jokes I will have to refrain. Now that Hadley is aware that her bus is different, I'm afraid I'll be very uncomfortable cracking jokes in her presence, or at all really. It's a sad day. Please take a moment of silence for our old friend The Short Bus Joke. *snort*


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Also, Jaime, I'm not sure if you'll be able to see it in the resized image...but Hadley has the single eye glare in this picture. Her right (your left) optic nerves were the most damaged...you can see how the light reflects differently on the right eye than the left. Freak-y. =)

Have a day ya'll! =)

1 comment:

The Coatney's said...

Oh, a day of mourning. I will also retire my short bus jokes in the name of my love for sweet Hadley. BUT they will resume as soon as she is old enough to start making the jokes herself. You know that she is smart and witty and on top of her game - the jokes will come.

Also, the eye. My other niece's eye always does that in pictures too. Strange.